The second lockdown finishes at midnight on 1st November 2020 which means that we will re-open from 10am on Wednesday 2nd December.
We are pleased to say that ‘Squash Bubbles’ are back! England Squash guidelines allows us to play the modified version of squash/racketball called ‘sides’. Click here For the rules.
If you wish to create or change your existing squash bubble please contact the office so your bubble can be registered.
As we have asked you previously, please adhere to the safety advice/guidance/rules issued by England Squash which can again be found on their website. squash guidance
The Government has put London into Tier 2 (High) of new Covid restrictions as from midnight on Friday 16th October.
Unfortunately, this has huge implications for SSRC.
Who CAN play Squash/Racketball:
- Solo practice
- Same households or support bubble
- One to one coaching with adults using socially distanced practices
- Players from educational teams or with disabilities
- Up to 15 children from different households. Supervised activity.
It is worth noting that Squash bubbles are not the same as a support bubble.
Who CAN’T play Squash/Racketball: (that’s most of us!)
- Up to 6 adults (squash bubble) from different households
- Players from different households not in a squash bubble.
- We will not be taking any public or visitor bookings at the moment.
- There will be no squash club nights for the foreseeable future.
We have no alternative but to adhere to these restrictions and I would expect all members to do the same.
The Walker Bar
Unfortunately, due to the Government’s tighter Tier 2 restrictions the Walker Bar will be unable to serve alcohol until further notice, however will remain open during squash hours offering a selection of teas, coffees and snacks and provide a point of call for members should they need.
Thank you for your continued support, as we continue to work through these very difficult times.